Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 23 January 2014

Info Post
Lately, it feels like I can't check an item off my 'to do' list without adding two more. Know what I mean? I finally installed new flooring in the entry (supposedly the last item on my list), but the closet doors really needed touching up...and the unpainted entry door started to bother me. The closet doors take a beating from Adam's students, so I decided to touch up the scuff marks and apply a few coats of poly. And I decided to paint the entry door, too. The door was technically white already, but the blue undertones really stood out next to the trim. To me, it looked unfinished.

Here's the before:

{I never took a full shot of the door, I think for obvious reasons}

And now:


I know, who doesn't love night photography and the big wet spot on the floor? Damn you, Winter.

With the darker floor, the black closet doors and the bright red bench, I decided to keep the entry door light and neutral, and paint it out in the same colour as the trim (SICO's 'Cotton Rag Paper'). I primed it first with Kilz, but the paint is just regular ol' latex semi-gloss. We'll see how it holds up.


I just realized I shouldn't be comparing photos taken at two totally different times of day to illustrate a change in colour...but on the other hand, what's done is done ;) It's a subtle change, but it makes the room feel more finished. Not as finished as, say, a room with baseboards, but we'll get there.

P.S. Check out the front of the door here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment