Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 6 January 2014

Info Post
I started painting the stairs and hallway last week. It's slow-going, since I can only paint when Hannah's asleep and the ceilings are very high in this part of the house, but I can't wait to share some progress shots with you!

via

Before we get back to regular programming around here, I wanted to share my very ambitious project list for 2014. I keep a running list of all the projects I want to complete in Excel (don't judge!), including everything from "sew curtains" to "install new flooring", room by room. It's a long list, but over the past (nearly) three years we've managed to cross quite a few things off. And since 2014 is the year of wrapping things up, our project list is extra ambitious. I'm not sure how much of it we'll be able to tackle (if I'm being realistic), so I've prioritized projects based on what I think we need to do in order to sell the house, and included a second list of things I'd really like to do if we have the time and money. Here goes:

Must dos:

1. Paint the hallway and stairs (this one is already underway!)
2. Install new flooring in the entryway (already purchased)
3. Install new flooring the upstairs hallway (we already own this as well)
4. Install and paint new trim in the hallway and finally add trim to the bedroom closets (we own most of these materials already)
5. Tile the kitchen counters (we already own the tile and some of the tiling materials)
6. Add storage shelves in our basement storage room
7. Install a privacy fence behind our house
8. Install skirting, treads and risers
9. Repair bathroom subfloor
10. Tile bathroom floor and tub surround
11. Install new flooring on the main floor
12. Install and paint new trim in the hallway and main floor
13. Buy and install a dishwasher? (I'm not 100% sure if the placement I want is possible, so this is TBD)
14. Install shelving in the brick openings in the kitchen, and paint the brick
15. Clean out and properly insulate the garage

via

Sure would like to dos:

1. Create built-in shelving around the dining room window
2. Build a table and benches for the patio
3. Expand our garden
4. DIY a cedar doormat like this one
5. Paint inside of entryway door
6. Replace exterior light fixtures
7. Finish drywalling and paint the laundry/furnace room
8. Make the laundry/furnace room more functional (there's a reason you haven't seen this room!)

So, what do you think? Are we insane? Any bets on how many of these projects we'll actually complete? It's going to be a busy year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment