Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 21 January 2014

Info Post

The entryway flooring is down and I installed it completely, 100% by myself. Adam did hold the planks for a few jigsaw cuts, but that was it. Basically, Sarah and Janice finally convinced me to conquer my fear of the table saw :)

After much hemming and hawing, we decided to purchase click laminate flooring for the entry. It looks a lot like the flooring in my inspiration image, and we knew it would be faster and easier to install than tile (which was the original plan). We purchased this flooring (the price was lower in-store), but we had to wait about two weeks for our special order to arrive.


The foam underlayment came pre-attached, so installation was relatively easy. The brick pattern complicated the process a little (more measuring and more cutting), and I had a few obstacles to work around too (the closet doors and the heating vent). Luckily the grubby old flooring wasn't secured to the subfloor, so removing it was easy.


I'm really happy with how it turned out and I can't believe how much it looks like real tile. I think you can only really spot the difference if you're inspecting it closely with the overhead light on (and hopefully I'm the only one who'll be doing that).

I still need to do some weather-proofing around the door and install new baseboards (time to learn how to use the mitre saw!). I'm also going to paint the door, probably the same colour as the trim, since I'm contemplating something fun for the wall opposite the closet. More on that soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment