Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 16 January 2014

Info Post
This week has been all about painting, but I'll soon be switching gears (yay!). We've got flooring to install in the hallway and entry, a handrail to stain and re-install leading down to the basement, and a safety gate to install at the top of the stairs. I've also been giving lots of thought to the stairs themselves. I'm still undecided about the few steps leading to the second floor, but I'm 99% sure that we're going to paint the stairs leading to the basement white - treads and risers - and install a runner.

We've got kids lugging guitars up and down those steps multiple times a day, so the runner needs to be durable and hide dirt. I also want something classic and neutral - no chevron regrets in a month or two, if you know what I mean. Here are a few of my favourites, currently.

1/2/3/4/5/6

But, if I was going to be adventurous, here's what I might choose:


Fun, non? It would look great in a hallway, too.

P.S. Of all Adam's students, only one, maybe two noticed any changes to the stairs - there's a wall missing! - and you better believe no one noticed my paint job. Gotta love kids, they couldn't care less about home decor :)

P.P.S. Today is Adam's birthday! Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband and father, and my very best friend! xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment