Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 5 March 2014

Info Post

I had to laugh when I read Dana's post on her Ikea BEKVAM stool makeover, since I was working on the very same project. Great minds think alike?


We bought the stool months ago and have been using it all around the house. At a whopping 5'2", I need all the help I can get reaching the high shelves in our bathroom or the upper cabinets in our kitchen. I like that this stool is lightweight and easy to move from room to room as I need it. It also makes a good seat during Hannah's bath time.

The natural wood finish was getting pretty beat up with all that use, so I decided to give it a makeover.


An easy one. I didn't even take the stool apart. I used painter's tape to protect various parts of the stool while I stained the steps and then painted the frame. The colour is CIL's Seashell Pink, which I'd describe as a cross between peach and pink. It's a pretty neutral and looks really nice against the stained wood. I still need to seal the steps, but I'm loving how this project turned out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment