Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 2 January 2014

Info Post

We're bracing for yet another big storm, so I thought I'd share a few photos I took at my in-laws' over the holidays. It's easy to forget how beautiful winter is when you're worried about getting somewhere, losing power or heading out to shovel...again.


New Year's resolutions aren't for everyone, I know, but I like the excuse to reflect on my life and give some thought to what I want to continue or change in the year ahead. I'm still mulling over my resolutions for 2014, but they include some of the usual - lose weight, spend less money and save more - but I've also been thinking about the future and what's next for us and this little house of ours.


We're at a place where we can finally see the light at the end of the renovation tunnel. We have a few big projects and several small projects left to do, but it feels doable instead of overwhelming (well, maybe it's still a little overwhelming). The stair renovation has been a major turning point, even though it's not over yet. I can see what this little house is going to be when we're finished, and it's exciting to think about how far it's come from where it began. I'm hopeful and optimistic that all of the hard work and love we've poured into these walls will be worth it.


We'd like 2015 to be the year we sell our house, which makes 2014 the year of wrapping up. Some people have asked us, 'Why 2015?', and I don't have a good answer, just that it feels like the right time to us. We've tossed around the idea of renting again, for a little while anyway. There are lots of nice things about owning your own home, but I'm not convinced that it's all that it's cracked up to be. But maybe we're just growing tired of living in 'project mode' ;)


Life could change our plans over the next year or so, and we're open to that. I've always loved that John Lennon lyric, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans," and I'm trying to keep that in mind. Here's hoping that 2014 is a good one. Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment