Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 23 June 2014

Info Post

Our patio still has a way to go, but our lounger is quite a bit cozier these days. During the most recent rainy weekend, I sewed a couple of outdoor pillows. The blanket is one we already owned. 


The fabric is Sunbrella's Canvas Air Blue and Canvas Capri. I bought washable pillow forms and managed to sew both covers without any broken needles, mystery jams, or bobbin issues. It was a miracle. I had to sew the last seam by hand, and I found this really helpful tutorial on how to sew a blind stitch. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. The fabric is really pretty and a great weight, and it's been super easy to clean so far (the trees above are always dropping stuff).


We still need to trim and cap our new fence posts - but we have the saw now! - and choose a paint or stain for the fence. We're planning to add some dirt along the base of the fence (to fix the uneven ground) and plant a row of hostas, most because our property boasts a ridiculous number of hostas, and many need dividing. In my experience, hostas are pretty much indestructible, so I think they can handle the shade back here. Oh, and flowers. We need (I would like) hanging baskets and a few planters.

The brick needs pressure washing (the whole house is on my list this summer) and I'd like to paint the foundation, just like I did around the rest of the house. I'm not sure when I'm planning to do these things, since I'm pretty sure Hannah and a pressure washer would be a disaster.


Hannah decided to climb up and relax while I was taking these pictures. Since she's almost 2, that means she sat still for about five seconds.


But I think it was to enjoy this view (supernova notwithstanding).

I received two yards of outdoor fabric from Sunbrella Fabrics in my choice of colour. I was not asked to write this post in return. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment