Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 17 June 2014

Info Post

Ever since I (accidentally) killed the tropical plant next to our couch (last seen here and here), I've wanted to replace it with an accent table. So when Staples asked if I'd like to try out some of their accent furniture, I jumped at the chance and immediately settled on this pair of nesting tables. I love the look first and foremost, but I also knew they'd make sense in our small space.


Because our house is teeny tiny, accent pieces have to be functional above all else. I like that we can leave one table next to the couch and move the smaller table around the room (it's quickly become my favourite snack holder, haha). Even better, those long legs and slim table tops give us extra surface area without making the room feel cluttered. The tables are sturdy, but lightweight.


I re-potted the large snake plant in our living room and transplanted a small section, since it seems to be the only indoor plant I can keep alive. The bright pink paper sculpture is another Papirmass print (this time, by a Toronto-based artist) and I bought the stone coasters during a visit to Hopewell Rocks, NB a few summers ago.


Here's how the tables look with our accent chairs in place. My mom asked if Hannah has any trouble accessing her basket of toys in the corner. Nope, but we often stack those chairs out of the way to free up more playing space.


When it comes to choosing accent pieces, I think the trick is to go with something you love (as opposed to worrying too much if it's the right style/colour/fit for your space). If you love it, chances are you'll find multiple uses for it in your home over time. For example, these tables would make a great bedside table, or we could use them in the future playroom. You could even pull them outside in a pinch.

In other good news, we ordered new flooring for our living room, dining room and kitchen yesterday! It should arrive next week (fingers crossed, knock on wood) and the plan is to install it over the long weekend. You can read more about what we chose and why in this post. I'm still in denial over the prep work we need to complete before the new floors can go in. And did I mention that Adam's away all week for NXNE in Toronto? Wish me luck!

Staples sent me the Monarch 2-Piece Nesting Table Set and asked me to share my tips on using accent pieces. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment