Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 12 June 2014

Info Post

Now that the warmer weather is here to stay for awhile (fingers crossed, knock on wood), it was time to revive the planter outside our front door. I painted it last summer and it's held up pretty well considering that we left it outside all year.


I've planted something different every year, mostly because I'm still learning what I like and what works in this spot (the area is sheltered from the rain by the roof's overhang, so remembering to water the planter is key - and also not my strong suit). This year, I went with a big, beautiful geranium, a few small Boston ferns, and two 'yellow charm' plants. Adam picked the salmon-coloured geranium; it's a happy coincidence that the flowers pick up on the colours in our new doormat (purchased at Target).


Our front door is looking pretty happy, but I'd love to switch out that light fixture for something more modern. We're being switched over to a community mailbox next year, so we'll get rid of our mailbox and house number plaque, too - both were here when we moved in, although I painted the mailbox. I'd love to invest in some modern house numbers and replace the existing light fixture with something like this:


What do you think?

P.S. Here's what I planted in 20132012, and 2011.

P.P.S If you're looking for a great 'how-to' post on planters, I found this one by Lindsay really helpful. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment