Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 6 June 2014

Info Post


This weekend is all about finishing the fence, but that hasn't stopped me from continuing to plan our basement makeover. Here's what I'm envisioning for Hannah's half of the room:

1 - We have an accent table that we're planning to turn into a desk for Hannah by trimming the legs and painting it. I stopped into one of my favourite local shops after a meeting downtown and found these cute julieta chairs on sale for 50% off. That's $12.50 a chair. They only had three left, so the two pink ones came home with me.

2 - I really love some of FLOR's bold patterns right now, but I'm worried about how they'd hold up to everyday wear and tear (too much white, and white things don't stay white in this house). This pattern is just colourful enough, and I think it will hide dirt better than some of the others I was considering.

3 - The is actually the KALLAX, but since we don't have an IKEA, we purchased this similar shelving when it was on sale and I'll be painting it. It has an extra row of shelves, which is nice (the more storage, the better).

4 - We won't have room for a coffee table, since we want to keep floor space clear for playing, but there's enough space to tuck this accent table in next to the sofa. Plus, no sharp edges!

5 - This is the current wall colour - Behr's Desert Springs. We're planning to go darker on the unfinished ceiling, but we'll leave the wall colour as is because, hey, less painting!

6 - We bought these IKEA curtain panels a couple years ago. One acts as a door to the storage room, and I cut the other one down to use as an actual curtain for the room's only window.

7 - Structube recently opened a store in Dartmouth, which just so happens to be five minutes from my office, and if this sofa bed looks as good in person, it's definitely coming home with me. I like that it's stylish, but casual, and it will be great to have the extra sleeping spot when family come to visit.

I can't wait to start this makeover! But first, the fence. We've roped my brother into helping us hang the panels this weekend, so wish us luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment