Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 12 May 2014

Info Post
 


I probably should have posted this BEFORE Mother's Day, but I came up with the idea on Friday and these photos were taken on Saturday, so...

We're pretty simple gift-givers around here: I try to always be thoughtful, but no one's getting a new computer or diamond earrings for Mother's Day, if you know what I mean. I wanted to do something special for both my mother and mother-in-law, since they're unbelievably good to us, and great grandmothers to boot. I stumbled across a pack of three slim canvases at Walmart (because where else do you go to buy a truly special gift?) and thought, 'Of course! Hannah art.' She loves finger painting and they love her, so I figured we couldn't go wrong here.

First thing Saturday morning, Hannah painted to her little heart's content. She picked the first colour for each painting and I suggested the rest (she's only 21 months old, but obviously an older child could just pick their own colours).


She decided when she was done and then we left them to dry. That evening, I wrote "Mother's Day 2014, Hannah age 21 months" on the back of each and put them in some simple white frames (side note: although the packaging claimed the canvases were 8x10s, I had to trim them a smidge to fit the frames). The paintings can always be switched out for future masterpieces, or for something else entirely (you know, if they secretly hate kids' art).

In case this was actually a terrible idea, I also bought cards and a favourite treat (black licorice for my mom and dark chocolate for Adam's). Because I own plenty of wrapping paper, but apparently no tape, I tied it all together (no pun intended, even though I seriously love puns) with some cute ribbon from my rapidly dwindling collection.


Easy and inexpensive, but our moms seemed to really like them. Adam also brought them back a few small gifts from the UK, you know, if you're into that kind of thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment