Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 22 May 2014

Info Post

I have to begin this post with an obligatory warning that our bathroom gets zero natural light, which means it's pretty much impossible for me to take a half-decent picture in here. If it helps, I made a valiant attempt to adjust my camera's settings. Also, this is what our shelves look like when we need to buy toilet paper and half our towels/bedding are in the wash.

ANYWAY, this post is actually about how we finally, finally finished the built-in shelving in our bathroom.


This is best 'before' photo I could find - after we painted and updated the vanity, mirror and lighting, but before we replaced the doors and re-painted. I love having built-in storage, but the open bottom always looked unfinished to me, and it was pretty much a giant dust-catcher.


When we finished the stairs, I tested my paint on an unfinished riser that ended up being too short to use. Luckily, it was long enough to use in the bathroom. Annnd, a month and a half later, we totally did.


Adam cut it to size and nailed it in place. So much better. It's not perfect, but it's one of those satisfying little updates that make you shake your head and say, why didn't I do that sooner?

0 comments:

Post a Comment