Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 23 May 2014

Info Post


With our new table and benches in place - which we are loving, by the way - there was a little bit of room left on our teeny tiny patio. Adam loves to come out here and read while Hannah naps, and I wanted a place to curl up for a nap. I checked out many, many loungers online, but they were all more than I wanted to spend and not really my style. So I peeked at Kijiji on a whim and spotted this guy right away. What luck!

Here are a few similar loungers that have me excited to break out the pillows:

via

via

via

I wasn't sure how comfy the rattan would be, but I swear it's amazing. A couple of pillows and a good throw, and you could nap out here for hours. You know, provided you don't have a toddler to chase after.

With the big pieces in place - and plans to build a privacy fence next weekend (!!) - it's time to give this patio some personality. Here's what I'm envisioning so far:

West Elm martini table

With our somewhat traditional table and vintage lounger, I'd like to add a modern side table to the mix. Something white and glossy. I need my snacks within arm's reach while I'm lounging, just saying.

Tonic Living outdoor fabric

I love this Batik-inspired outdoor fabric by Tonic Living, although this pillow is pretty cute, too. I'm picturing a big lumbar pillow, like in the second image above. I have a few linen tablecloths that I'll break out regularly to dress up the table, so I like that blue goes with pretty much everything.

Pottery Barn throw (no longer available)

This Pottery Barn throw is no longer available, but it's very similar to one we already own. The chunky knit means that it's cozy without being too warm, and it's not too precious for outdoor use.
Target outdoor rug

I'm also thinking about adding a neutral rug next to the lounger, to give Hannah a slightly softer place to play. And a little pattern is always nice, like in my last inspiration photo.

Finally, I'm obsessed with the gorgeous plants and planters in my second inspiration photo. I already have quite a few planters, but I can't wait to fill them with flowers and maybe some tall grasses.

Happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment