Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 31 December 2013

Info Post
Since it's officially the last day of 2013, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at some of my favourite projects from the year (you can find my favourite projects from 2012 here). I already covered the updates we made to our kitchen, entryway and stairs in yesterday's post, so I won't repeat them here. In no particular order, here are 13 of my favourite projects from 2013:


1. I still love the DIY book box I made for Hannah's room. She loves pulling her books out one by one and piling them on the floor. It's the only way to find the perfect read ;)


2. This DIY heart art was inspired by a condo tour in Style At Home. It was so easy to make, and it still makes me smile.


3. The DIY faux-capiz mobile I made for Hannah's room was a real labour of love (i.e. it took forever). While I probably won't be making one again, I do love how it turned out.
 

4. I used some leftover paint to add stripes to my closet, but sadly we never got around to adding trim. There's always next year, right?


5. I finally solved our bedroom's window dilemma with a pair of DIY striped pelmets and bamboo roller blinds. Now if only I could find an upholstered bench for the end of our bed...


6. These DIY ribbon magnets were a quick and easy way to decorate our chalkboard-painted fridge. Santa brought Hannah some magnetic letters for Christmas, so hopefully she'll leave these alone.


7. I repainted the bathroom a moody grey, including the ceiling. We also updated not one, but two light fixtures, and we're hoping to tackle phase 2 of this makeover in 2014 (or maybe we're on phase 3 now?).


8. The dining room got a few updates this year, including a darker painted table, a new light, and an improved blue and white plate wall. Let's hope in 2014 we can finally add those built-in shelves I've been dreaming about.


9. We built our DIY patio just in time for Hannah's first birthday. In 2014, we're planning to add a privacy fence and some DIY furniture, so stay tuned!


10. I madeover Adam's old toy chest for Hannah. Those DIY leather handles may be my favourite part.


11. The guest room is thisclose to being finished now that we've installed new baseboards and
added a DIY painted headboard. Like our own room, we just need to add trim inside the closet and we'll be done.

OK, #12 and #13 didn't get blogged about, but we did replace our rain gutters and our oil tank in 2013. They both fall on the boring side of home improvement, but they were important improvements nonetheless and I'm glad we were able to check them off our list.

We've already got quite a few projects planned for 2014, so keep your fingers crossed that we'll have the time, energy and money to get them all done! And thank you, thank you, thank you to each and every one of you who take time out of your day to stop by and see what we're up to on this little ol' blog. Blogging wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you, so thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment