Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 12 December 2013

Info Post

I don't follow a theme or stick to particular colours when it comes to decorating our Christmas tree (though I guess I've collected a lot of red and gold over the years). All of the ornaments on our tree were either given to us, passed on to us (many are from my childhood), or something we've bought on vacation. Each one has a story and a memory attached to it (except the balls, I bought those on clearance at various big box stores).


The tree skirt is a new addition this year. It was a gift from my dad and his wife, obviously for Hannah. She's quite taken with Santa's nose.


This is pretty much my favourite seat in the house right now.

Only a few of our ornaments are breakable, and they're hanging well out of Hannah's reach. She's been really good with the tree so far, though she does stop what she's doing on occasion to casually caress an ornament or two. Here she is chewing on a book while I was stringing the lights on the tree. #motheroftheyear


I call those slippers her polar bear feet.

So what's your Christmas tree style? Real or fake? Fancy or sentimental hodge podge like ours? If you're not the traditional tree type, check out this round-up of super sweet minimalist trees from a pair & a spare.

P.S. This ten-month-old's letter to Santa is hilarious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment