Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 30 December 2013

Info Post
Can you believe 2013 is almost over? If my progress on my 2013 Home Goals is any indication, I'm not quite ready for it to be over. Let's take a look at how I did, shall we?

 

Finish updating the kitchen


Over the past year, we managed to repaint the lower cabinets and add new hardware, install a new faucet, and replace the exterior door. We also bought the countertop tile - apparently in April! - but have yet to install it (oh optimistic April-self, how I laugh at you now). Replacing the flooring and installing a dishwasher will also have to wait for 2014.

 

Renovate the stairs


As I mentioned in my goals' post, we couldn't move ahead with some of the major projects on our list (laying already-purchased hardwood in the upstairs hallway, painting, and replacing the flooring in the kitchen and living room/dining room) until we fixed our crazy stairs. And since that work didn't start until November, it's no surprise that floor replacing hasn't happened yet. The drywall finishing took a lot longer than expected, but paint has been purchased and I'm determined to get the hallway flooring installed by mid-January. Permanent treads and risers will take a little longer, but I'm not complaining!

 

Finish the entryway


I'm nearly finished with the entryway, although after looking at this photo I feel like I really need to paint that door. But what colour? The last thing on my list* is installing new flooring, which has been purchased, but unfortunately requires patient waiting for its arrival. I'm really hoping the install can happen this weekend.

*This may not be the last thing on my list anymore.

I didn't check everything off my list, but I also finished a bunch of projects that weren't on my list, so...even? More on those tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment