Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 10 February 2014

Info Post

Thanks to my mom, Adam's hard work (and some of mine), and an extra-long car nap on Sunday, the hallway flooring is nearly finished. It's definitely a step up from the before:


Hannah's sleepover at my mom's house lasted until noon, and her car nap later that day was just long enough for Adam to almost finish and clean up (I got to read in the car with Hannah while she finished her nap). We still have a few missing and unsecured boards (that sounds serious), and new baseboards to install, but it's come a long way from the carpeted mess we started with. Despite writing a blog and taking a picture of every other angle during the stair reno, I don't have a true 'before' of the hallway.


This is the old view from the end of the hallway, and it gives you a pretty good idea. Now I remember: the wall beyond the doorway (both are now gone) made it impossible to photograph the new viewpoint 'before'. You can also see the nasty, 'new' carpet that came with the house.


The room transitions still need to be stained (they haven't been fastened in place yet). I'm going to try mixing a custom stain to match the flooring and I have no idea how hard or easy that will be. I do have a couple feet of scrap to practice on. I'll let you know how that goes.

No worries if the dust, unfilled nail holes and unfinished transition are distracting you, but I think it's going to look pretty good when all is said and done.


WAY more importantly, our very close friends had twins over the weekend! Visiting requires a plane ride, so for now we're just sending lots of positive thoughts and well wishes their way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment