Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 26 February 2014

Info Post

I snapped this picture early this morning, so the colour is a little funny (we don't have ombre walls), but I couldn't wait to share the new view from our bedroom. From this vantage point, I can pretend that our whole house looks this pulled together, that if you turned the corner you wouldn't see a flight of unfinished steps and the missing sections of flooring downstairs. I love this view.

(As an aside, have you noticed the days getting longer? I was able to take our dog for a walk before work this morning - in daylight!)


I think it's worth noting that this used to be the old view.


The new runner is temporarily in place (I still need to find a suitable pad to keep it from slipping) and I installed and painted most of the baseboard. The last two pieces of baseboard won't be installed until the skirt board for the stairs is in (we want to be sure they meet up properly). We'll probably end up installing door plinths out here too (you can see them in our bedroom in the first photo), but it's not a high priority right now. Baby steps.


I purchased the rug from this ebay seller and I'm so happy with it. It arrived quickly, in perfect condition and just as described online. You'll have to pay taxes and duty on delivery in Canada, so keep that in mind (I think it was around $30, and I purchased the rug for $150 + shipping).

I'm moving forward with the large photo art for that bare wall, too. More updates to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment