Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 12 February 2014

Info Post

Hannah loves crayons and Play-Doh, so I thought it would be fun to try finger paints. I found this recipe for homemade finger paints after a quick Google search and decided to make my own. Sugar, salt, corn starch and water, heated on the stove until the mixtures thickens. Mine thickened suddenly after a couple of minutes, but you'll know when it's ready.


I immediately transferred the mixture into a few ramekins (I cut the original recipe in half) and added food colouring after letting it cool for a few minutes.



The whole process took maybe 5-10 minutes. Super easy. The consistency and colour saturation differs from store bought paint - it's fainter and gloopier (technical term) - but Hannah LOVED it.



It got pretty messy, but that's kind of the deal with finger paints. Oh, and Hannah's been asking to, "Paint? Paint?" ever since :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment