Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 8 June 2015

Info Post

After much talk, we finally made the decision to join a CSA (I know, we're a little late to the bandwagon - oops!). Each week, I'm posting about what we got and what we made with it. Read more here.

WEEK FIVE

We got:
  • Fingerling potatoes
  • Parsnips
  • Alfalfa sprouts
  • Carrots
  • Apples
  • Raspberry sauce

We made:

Stray observations:
  • No fruit share last week, so double fruit share this week.
  • Fingerling potatoes are so delicious and I love that you can enjoy them as finger foods. Hannah loved it, so consider this a very toddler-friendly recipe.
  • We've eaten Yottam Ottolenghi's honey-roasted carrot recipe a few times now and keep coming back for more. A great way to do parsnips, especially if - like me - you're not the biggest fan of their natural flavour.
  • The alfalfa sprouts were a great burger topping, and they made it into a few salads, too.
  • I wasn't sure what I was going to do with raspberry sauce, but oh my goodness it is the world's best ice cream accompaniment. At least this way I'm not eating it straight out the jar :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment