Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 22 June 2015

Info Post

I meant to post this a little while ago, but I guess I forgot. My floors were still wet when I took these photos, but you can imagine how long things stay clean around here with two pets and a toddler; I had to act fast :)


Anyway, this gives you a good sense of what our living room is looking like these days (complete with play kitchen). The final-ish step in this makeover is to add a rug (a big ol' plant, too). The blue of the roman shades feels a bit out of place right now, although there's plenty of it in the room. I think a rug will help tie it all together. I mean, doesn't it feel like the room is missing one? I'm looking for something with blues, purples...maybe even a little pink? Oh, and it has to be cushy underfoot.


We're about to have the ceilings on the main floor replaced (long story/ice damming/thank goodness for insurance), so I have some time to shop around. The pictures below summarize what I've been considering: a kilim rug, something neutral, or a Persian. I'm leaning towards the Persian because colour + cushion, but that's obviously a bigger investment than my other options.

images (left to right): here, here, here

I realize I haven't posted much about our house lately, but I have some fun plans in the works. We were toying with the idea of moving, but we've decided to stay put a little longer. That means more projects, so stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment