Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 19 June 2015

Info Post

After much talk, we finally made the decision to join a CSA (I know, we're a little late to the bandwagon - oops!). Each week, I'm posting about what we got and what we made with it. Read more here.

WEEK SEVEN

We got:
  • Dandelion greens
  • Fiddleheads
  • Carrots
  • Beets
  • Chives
  • Tomatoes
  • Alfalfa sprouts
  • Sunchokes
  • Apples
  • Apple cider
  • Apple chips

We made:

Stray observations:
  • I don't think I'd ever eaten dandelion greens before, but this recipe is a great way to try them (especially if you like chickpeas).
  • I have such terrible memories of fiddleheads as a kid - I hated them! I'm still not a huge fan of their texture (I'll take asparagus over fiddleheads any day), but their flavour is a perfect complement to mushrooms.
  • I hope we get more sunchokes in future shares. They're such a treat and we didn't have enough to satisfy both our appetites! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment