Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 30 June 2015

Info Post

Hannah and I spent the weekend in Seal Harbour, a tiny community in Guysborough County. We were visiting my dad and his wife, who are in the midst of planning some major renovations to their future retirement home.


It's about a three-hour drive from Halifax, but we arrived just in time for some marshmallow roasting. The house is close to Tor Bay Provincial Park, one of Nova Scotia's best-kept secrets, in my opinion. We had the beach completely to ourselves. The water was way too cold for swimming, but Hannah successfully charmed 'Papa' into wading in with her. I'm looking forward to many more beach days with her this summer.


There's also a great park down the street from my dad's house. Hannah loved it so much we had to go twice!


We took the scenic drive back to the city, which I'd definitely recommend if you've got the time.

Happy Canada Day everyone! I'm hoping to clear some more of the yard next to our garage. I started last night and discovered a huge patch of mint that we forgot we planted a few years ago (we thought we'd use the spot as a garden until we realized how shady it was). A happy discovery!

0 comments:

Post a Comment