Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 3 November 2014

Info Post

I hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend. I was really looking forward to the holiday with a toddler in the house, but H developed a fever and a bad cough on Friday, and had zero interest in putting on her costume or trick-or-treating. Luckily, we'd already done a few things to get into the Halloween spirit, like crafting some DIY cardboard monsters for our front windows and painting pumpkins. We stole the pumpkin painting idea from her daycare class - I poured some of her washable craft paint onto a paper plate and let her go to town. She loved it! 


(And yes, Adam already made fun of me for giving her orange paint to paint a pumpkin - not sure what I was thinking!)

She actually picked these pumpkins from her Grandma's garden, so it was extra fun to paint them. And the nice thing about paint is that you can still use the pumpkins for cooking or baking (I stole one to make roasted pumpkin soup the next day).


Here are the pumpkins Adam and I carved. We used LED "candles" to light them this year - it's almost like we knew H would keep opening the jack o' lanterns and sticking her arm in to get the lights out.

Oh, and I followed this recipe to roast the seeds. So good!


This is costume I stayed up making for H on Thursday night. She never put it on. It was cute though, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment