Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 24 November 2014

Info Post

Last Christmas, we started a want, need, wear, read tradition with Hannah. If you haven't heard of it before, the idea is pretty simple: everybody receives four gifts - something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read. I really like the idea because it limits the amount of "stuff" we give and get. As much as I like gifts (who doesn't?), I don't want Christmas to be about presents, especially where Hannah is concerned. And since I like to do my holiday shopping early, I like that it's clear - and non-negotiable - when the shopping is done. No more temptation to buy just one more thing.

Here's what I'm hoping to find under the tree this year (Adam, I hope you're reading this!):

  1. Want. I'd love to hang this cool air plant pod in front of our kitchen window.
  2. Need. I had to retire my favourite pair of skinny jeans recently (they had holes where you don't want holes, if you know what I mean), so I could really use a new pair. 
  3. Wear. Casual booties? Yes, please.
  4. Read. I actually have a good stack of books on my bedside table, but I'd love a new subscription to  Style at Home or InStyle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment