Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 28 October 2014

Info Post

We moved this large jute rug into our bedroom recently, and while I think it's finally found its forever home, the room felt a little too beige. I think I'd like to add a pretty, patterned rug to the foot of the bed, but in the meantime, I turned a cheery little rug we already owned into a new dog bed for Maddie.



I purchased the rug at HomeSense ages ago, for Hannah's room, but the colour is a pretty perfect match for our twice-painted nightstands. I already owned the large, down-filled pillow, and luckily the rug was just the right width.


The other side is just leftover white fabric (originally a $4 tablecloth), and I sewed an envelope cover so it would be super easy to remove and throw in the wash. For fun, I sewed a zig zag hem in pink thread (I know, I really know how to have a good time).

I'm trying to be better about re-purposing things we already own instead of buying new. This rug was too small for Hannah's room, but it makes a great floor pillow or dog bed. Of course, I could have just as easily turned it into a pair of Euro shams or a bright throw pillow. So much better than it taking up space in a closet, right?

Psst...I made these DIY tassel floor pillows for Maddie to sleep on downstairs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment