Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 4 May 2015

Info Post

After much talk, we finally made the decision to join a CSA (I know, we're a little late to the bandwagon - oops!). Each week, I'm posting about what we got and what we made with it. Read more here.

WEEK THREE

We got:
  • Spinach
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Alfalfa sprouts
  • Sauerkraut
  • Onions
  • Popcorn
  • Two HUGE honeycrisp apples
  • Apples
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber

We made:

Stray observations:
  • I was completely intimidated by the idea of making gnocchi, but this recipe was so easy to follow and the gnocchi turned out great. We served it with this equally delicious creamy walnut sauce from Yotam Ottolenghi's Plenty More cookbook.  
  • Pizza is our Friday night ritual. My brother and his fiancee gifted us a pizza stone and I bought Adam a peel for his birthday. Now we just need the wood-fired oven.
  • The sauerkraut threw me for a loop, especially since Adam isn't a fan (i.e. veggie dogs with sauerkraut were out). The beer-braised kielbasa sauerkraut was a hit, but next time I want to add mussels.
  • We ate out a couple of times this week, which is pretty out of the ordinary for us, but we had friends in town and it's always fun to have that excuse to let someone else cook for you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment