Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 30 April 2015

Info Post

My leather chair makeover is complete! I found this leather recliner on Kijiji in need of a little TLC. After I repaired the upholstery, I decided to add some feet to make it look less recliner-y. Recliners don't get much love in Blogland, but anyone who has ever sat in one knows that they're actually awesome.


I picked up some unfinished "feet" at a home improvement store and stained them with Minwax Wood Finish stain in Early American. Once the feet were dry, I applied Minwax Paste Finishing Wax to protect the finish and give it some sheen. The feet came with pre-attached dowel screws, so to install them I drilled holes in the chair's frame and hand-tightened them in place (I used chalk to colour the end of the dowel screw so that it left a mark where my hole needed to be when I held the foot in place).


The new chair is SO comfortable and we all love that it reclines. I love that the new feet help disguise that feature :) Form + function is really all that you can ask for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment