Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 2 October 2014

Info Post

Remember the free dining room chairs we scored a while back? I finally got around to painting them!


I used Rustoleum's Ultra Coverage spray paint in a semi-gloss finish. The finish on a few of my spray painted pieces has rubbed off in places, presumably from use, so I decided to take the extra step of priming the chairs (with Rustoleum's Ultra Coverage primer). I also lightly sanded the spots that I thought would get the most use, like the seats and the top of each chair's back. We'll see if it makes any difference in the long run.

Now that the chairs are black, I really want to strip and stain our dining room table (!). I've always loved the combination of painted black chairs with a natural wood table, but I had a picture of a farmhouse table so firmly in mind that it didn't occur to me to just go for it with our current table. I'm planning to use the same stain as Hannah's toy box, and maybe I'll beat it up a bit, too. I'm feeling the need for furniture that can be banged on, painted on, etc. Here's a little inspiration:

via

via

via

Now to find the time to actually get it done...

0 comments:

Post a Comment