Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 27 August 2014

Info Post

Surprise! Adam and I just got back from an incredible, week-long trip to Cologne, Germany. I'll share all the details from our vacation soon (we were there with his band as part of a music festival), but I wanted to dedicate an entire post to our fantastic accommodations. We rented a rooftop apartment in Cologne's Kwartier Latäng neighbourhood through airbnb. It was my first airbnb experience and I don't think it could have worked out any better: the location was awesome, our host was amazingly sweet and the apartment was gorgeous.



Yes, we had to trek up and down several flights of (steep) stairs each day, but the apartment was so worth it (also, I didn't have to feel so guilty about all the food + beer + wine I was enjoying). It was bright, clean and beautifully decorated, and our sweet host left us a detailed list of the best restaurants, cafes, bars and other sights to check out.


Unlike most of the rooms in the apartment, the bathroom felt huge. I especially loved the large, rectangular shower tiles and that cool, Moroccan-inspired light fixture. There was also a combination washer/dryer in the room that we couldn't exactly figure out (hey, the instructions were in German), but it struck me as a great space-saving idea.



There were two bedrooms, including this gorgeous upstairs loft. I think the pictures speak for themselves (and I'm no photographer).


The kitchen was tiny, but it worked for us (we cooked breakfast here a few times, but ate most dinners and lunches out) and it provided some great small space inspiration. Like, I need that fridge. I especially loved the clever light fixture/wine glass holder. Brilliant! (also, clearly the owner has her priorities straight ;)


We also got to enjoy this awesome outdoor patio. The weather in Cologne was on the cooler side during our stay, so we didn't spend as much time out here as I would've liked, but I think we all got to nap on the couch at least once :)




I'm sure we lucked out (the cost was $1,200 CAD for seven nights, including all fees), but the apartment also had 37 great reviews on airbnb and I did some research beforehand to figure out which neighbourhood we wanted to be in. Would I do it again? Yes, definitely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment