Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 4 April 2014

Info Post
In about two weeks, Hannah and I will be relaxing in sunny Florida with my brother and his family. Adam is staying at home, but don't feel too badly for him - he's headed to the UK with his band in May. As much as I'm looking forward to the warmth and sunshine - and playing with my nieces! - I'm totally stressed about the actual travel. It will be Hannah's first plane ride...and she'll be sitting on my lap. We've booked a direct flight, but still*. So, if you have any tips on in-flight entertainment for a 20-month old, please share!

1/2/3/4/5


To calm my nerves, I bought a new bag for the plane ride :) I'm hoping to carry as much on the plane as possible, in as little luggage as possible. Hannah's still in diapers and I figured a large tote could rise to the challenge of purse/diaper bag/snack cart/entertainment centre-in-one. Plus, it leaves my hands free for airport toddler-wrangling.

Can you guess which one I chose? I'll give you a hint: Banana Republic is offering 40% off your purchase and shipping is free if you spend more than $50. That would be #1. Aside from the fact that I've been lusting over large brown leather totes for awhile, I like that it has an attached wallet - perfect for passports, cards, keys and lipstick.

Here's a tentative list of what I'm planning to stuff the rest of the bag with:

  • Diapers, wipes, diaper cream and a portable change pad
  • Extra clothing (for Hannah of course)
  • Fully-charged iPad + headphones (the fully-charged part is important)
  • Books
  • Paper, crayons, markers and stickers
  • Small wooden blocks and a drawstring bag (Hannah loves stacking things, just as much as she'll love putting the blocks into the bag and taking them out again)
  • Snacks! We love snacks!
  • Sippy cup/bottle
  • Muslin blanket

Anything you'd add? Words of encouragement are appreciated too :)

*I should note that while I'm stressed, I'm not stressed enough to spend $650 on another seat, you know?

UPDATE: A huge thank you to everyone who has commented or messaged me with tips and suggestions! Every single one has been incredibly helpful (totally would have forgot to pack an extra shirt for myself!), so thank you, thank you, thank you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment