Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 29 April 2014

Info Post
Even though it's still plenty cold here, our recent trip to Florida has me dreaming about future outdoor meals on our DIY patio. We have big plans to make the patio even more functional this year, including a privacy fence and some new furniture and decor. We've even tossed around the idea of connecting the patio to the much-neglected area next to our garage, which is already home to a needs-some-love fire pit.

While flipping through my sister-in-law's copies of Southern Living (poolside, I might add), I came across this beautiful screened-in porch:

via

I want those benches. And those pillows. Also, probably the house.

Here's another inspiration image I pinned awhile ago:

via

They had me at five bottles of wine on the table.

We'd love to DIY a table and benches, but I've also come across a few carpenters selling similar pieces on Kijiji and their prices are very competitive. If we purchase the table and benches, I'd make the cushions myself. If you know of any great sources for outdoor fabrics, please share!

What outdoor projects do you have planned this year? Or, is your deck or patio entertaining-ready?

0 comments:

Post a Comment