Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 24 March 2015

Info Post

First things first: it's impossible (for me) to take photos of our basement without weird colour casts. Sorry about that. Maybe that's why it's taken me so long to snap a few photos of the play area we created for Hannah downstairs - I was hoping my photography skills would spontaneously improve :)

You can see my original plans for a mini playroom here. The biggest purchase we've made for this space so far is the shelving unit. I love how much storage it provides, and Hannah can easily pull toys out and put them away herself. I picked up some of my favourite plastic Dollar Store bins to corral loose items like blocks, train tracks and stuffed animals.


You may remember that I'd planned on painting the shelving white, but I like it as-is and I'm sure it will hold up better over time this way, too. Instead, Hannah's desk - a console table that I trimmed down to size - will be painted white (still need to get around to that one!). The rugs are from Adam's parents. They're neutral and 100% wool, so now Hannah has a soft place to play (there are three of them, so we placed them side-by-side to fill the room).


Hannah's aunt and uncle made her this play tent for her birthday. Hannah likes to read books in here, fill it with toys, or just cuddle with a couple of balloons :) The set-up is working well for us right now, and although it will never be a beautifully-finished basement, having a dedicated play space has made a big difference in our small house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment