Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 17 July 2015

Info Post

After much talk, we finally made the decision to join a CSA (I know, we're a little late to the bandwagon - oops!). Each week, I'm posting about what we got and what we made with it. Read more here.

WEEK 12

We got:
  • Potatoes
  • Onions
  • Lettuce
  • Pac Choi
  • Beet Greens
  • Popcorn
  • Apples
  • Cucumber
  • Strawberries

WEEK 13

We got:
  • Salad mix
  • Carrots
  • Zucchini
  • Hakurei turnips
  • Cilantro
  • Kale
  • Apples
  • Strawberries
  • Tomato

We made:

Stray observations:
  • We had Adam's family over for dinner when I picked up WEEK 12's share, so I forgot to take a picture. Oops!
  • I know I've shared this popcorn recipe before, but it's worth mentioning again. I usually cut the recipe in half (it still makes plenty of popcorn) and use two tablespoons of oil to one heaping 1/3 cup of kernels. I've used coconut oil and veggie oil, and both are delicious. I add salt when the kernels are popped and leave it add that. A little healthier, and it still tastes great.
  • I love how joining a CSA has allowed us to discover new foods and recipes. I made the hakurei turnips for my brother, his wife, and my mom, and everyone loved them. 
  • I'm officially obsessed with making pesto. It really couldn't be easier, and it's such a great way to eat your leafy greens. I've been freezing the leftovers in mason jars, which makes mid-week dinners even easier to prepare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment