Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 27 April 2015

Info Post

After much talk, we finally made the decision to join a CSA (I know, we're a little late to the bandwagon - oops!). Each week, I'm posting about what we got and what we made with it. Read more here.

WEEK TWO

We got:
  • Carrots
  • Beets
  • Spinach
  • Pea shoots
  • Frozen tomatoes
  • Fresh tomatoes
  • One HUGE honeycrisp apple
  • Apples
  • Apple juice

We made:

Stray observations:
  • Pea shoots are a new-to-me food, but I'm so glad I got to try them. They're yummy to eat straight out of the bag and they're a great addition to a sandwich or salad.
  • Frozen tomatoes, slightly crushed, make a great pizza topping.
  • That honeycrisp apple was one of the best apples I've tasted in a long time.
  • I used to hate beets, but I think I'm officially a convert!


0 comments:

Post a Comment