Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 4 December 2014

Info Post
Sook-Yin Lee interviewing El Jones / my wonky-eyed selfie / proof of my fantastic seat 

I was lucky enough to score tickets to the live taping of DNTO at the Halifax Central Library on Wednesday night (tickets were free and reserved in advance, and apparently Haligonians scooped them up in mere moments). I invited my mom to come with me and we had a great evening together!

We started with dinner and a drink at The Fireside, then walked over to the new library - which doesn't open to the public until December 13th - for the taping. Just like when Adam and I attended a taping of The Daily Show in New York, I love getting to see how the shows I watch and listen to come together behind the scenes. I've watched/listened to DNTO host Sook-Yin Lee since her days as a MuchMusic VJ, so it was really cool to watch her do her thing in person (she was funny and charming). We also got to hear from some really great guests, including Halifax's Poet Laureate El Jones and musician Mo Kenny.

source

My phone takes terrible photos, especially at night, so I borrowed this picture of the new library from its website. Pretty incredible, eh? No wonder it made CNN's list of 10 eye-popping buildings in 2014.

0 comments:

Post a Comment