Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 2 July 2014

Info Post

Our fridge is in the entry and our stove is in the garage, along with most of our living and dining room furniture (excluding what we managed to stuff into the bedrooms), but our new flooring is in, sealed and ready to use! You know, as soon as we move all the furniture back in. 



We still need to purchase and install new baseboards and vent covers, but the floors are awesome. I'm sure these pictures don't do them justice (a photographer, I am not), and of course they don't capture how good they feel underfoot. The warmth! The cushion! 



I'm also really happy with how they look next to the stairs. My goal was to do something different on the main floor, but not so different that it would compete or look weird with the hardwood upstairs. I think we achieved that, 100 percent.



From a distance, the floor almost looks like a single, solid colour, but up close you notice all the detail in the cork. The pattern we chose is a more modern look, but I think it suits our house and I love how much bigger the main floor feels with only one type of flooring (well, except the entry). No more cold laminate! No more worn linoleum! And let's not forget the area of exposed plywood in front of the remodeled stairs...

I'll save the installation details for another post, and hopefully I'll have some photos with our furniture in place soon. But right now? I just can't believe they're done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment