Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 21 July 2014

Info Post
Last week I attended a two-day conference in Boston for work, so of course I tacked a few extra days onto my trip to visit with friends and family.

run along the Charles River / Boston Common / fresh pedicure / sushi in Beacon Hill / my room at the Buckminster Hotel

My friend and former roommate, Molly, lives in Beacon Hill. The area is full of seriously gorgeous townhouses, so I had to snap a few pictures of their amazing lacquered doors.



A couple of my very sweet college friends met us for pedicures, dinner (Ristorante Fiore in the North End) and drinks (Tip Tap Room in Beacon Hill). It was a pretty different pace from my day-to-day, so I was in heaven.

the amazing salad bar at Whole Foods / Fenway Park was around the corner from my hotel / walking around the Christian Science Plaza / sushi with my cousin at Lowell's Blue Taleh

I also spent a couple of days at my aunt and uncle's house outside of Lowell. Lowell was the first large-scale factory town in America and it's filled with beautiful old mills and other historic buildings. As a kid, I thought of it as a run-down and somewhat scary place, but the change in the downtown over the past 15 years has been incredible. Now it has plenty of great restaurants, cool second-hand shops and a growing arts scene.

my old apartment in Brookline / drinks at the Liberty Hotel / so happy to have my Dunkin's iced coffee again

Even eight years later, some days I still miss living in Boston. It's a great city - not too big, not too small - and I always feel at home there. Also, the sushi. Did you sense a theme? In my defense, Adam isn't much of a sushi fan, so I may have gone a little overboard in his absence (I regret nothing).

my $10 bento box in Brookline / my aunt and uncle's backyard, moments before a sudden afternoon thunder shower / another inspiring doorway in Beacon Hill

It was a really quick trip (two days were taken up with the conference, after all), and as nice as it was to get away (so nice!), I also missed having Adam and Hannah with me. We're planning another family road trip in the near future so we can fit in even more friends, more family and even meet some new babies, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment