Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 16 September 2014

Info Post

Adam bought me this Rothko print when he was in London with his band last May.  It sat in the guest room for a few months while I lazily put off having it plaque mounted, until I remembered the massive Ikea frames I scored on Kijiji.

...and then the print sat in the guest room for another month while I put off painting the frame :)

As it turns out, my tendency to procrastinate actually came in handy for once; I decided to keep the frame's original wood finish and paint the mat instead. The result is a much warmer look than the white-on-white I was planning, and I think it's more interesting, too.  


The "mat" is actually the frame's original art, flipped over and painted with two coats of CIL's Seashell Pink (you might recognize the colour from my IKEA step stool makeover and Hannah's wooden toy chest before and after). Then it was just a matter of placing the new art on top and putting it all back together.


The painted mat is a little more interesting than plain white, but still neutral enough that it doesn't compete with the beautiful art. It compliments my lovely runner, too.

There really isn't an easier way to custom-frame your art - and the colour options are endless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment