Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 14 October 2011

Info Post
Even though I'm in the middle of making over our master bedroom (and if I'm being honest with myself, I'm still at the beginning; sanding the walls is just taking so long it feels like I should have at least reached the middle by now), I've been thinking about tweaking our living room. The problem is this couch:


Technically there's nothing wrong with it - it's actually a really comfy and relatively expensive couch (though we scored it for a great deal on Kijiji). Adam loves it (did I mention it's really comfy?), but I'd prefer something more modern. Unfortunately a new couch couldn't be lower on our list of priorities, so I decided to shake the room up by selling our hibiscus wing chair. Despite loving it when I bought it, I wasn't loving it anymore (it didn't help that our cat thought it was his personal scratching post, so it was almost always covered with a blanket - not pretty). And then I came across this picture (I love you, blogland):

Source
In terms of colour, it incorporates a lot of what I already have going on - blue, green, black, white and dark wood (we're planning to replace our current floors with something darker next year). The good news is that I think I can rework the room without spending a lot of money by switching out the pillows on the sofa...


Source
Source
(here's a badly photoshopped version of what that might look like)


And adding a new chair - I recently scored this chair on Kijiji for $20. I love the shape, but I'd like to sew a cream slipcover and re-upholster the cushions.


I'd also like to bring in some yellow - like in my inspiration pic - with pillows for the chairs in the room:


Source
(I couldn't resist another photoshopped illustration)


Maybe a trip to Homesense is in order...

0 comments:

Post a Comment